Embarcadero Software, the company behind the Delphi RAD Studio multiplatform development system, published their 2015 Roadmap for RAD Studio.
RAD Studio is a complete development environment for building cross-platform apps where you can use the same source code base to build native executables for Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android. It supports two languages, ObjectPascal and C++(11).
Here are a few highlights of things to come this year:
- new 64-bit compilation for iOS, now required by Apple in addition to 32-bit executables (as “universal” binaries)
- new 32-bit C++ (11) compiler for Windows.
- Enhanced, more stable IDE with support for a large memory model
- Major enhancements to FireUI multi-device designer, including multiple device previews
- Full support for Windows 10, both VCL and FMX
- Support for 4K monitors
- Native HTTP(S) client libraries on all platforms (no longer dependent on Indy!)
- Enhancements to VCL and FMX/FireMonkey
- Enhancements to Enterprise Mobility Solution (EMS) including Push Notifications and additional extensions
- Support for the latest additions to Android and iOS releases
- 64-bit toolchain for OS X
For more details, click here to visit their announcement page.