I just found this AMAZING new tool called Easy Video Player 2, and it’s da BOMB!
You know, when you put up a video somewhere, you usually just grab an embed code from somewhere and paste it into the page.
The problem with that approach is, there aren’t a whole lot of options. You can spiff up the page, add some links and whatnot, but that’s about it.
Easy Video Player 2.0 is a really amazing piece of software. Actually, it’s a script you host on your own server/domain (unlimited) that lets you create awesome pages with it that can be used for a multitude of purposes.
Here is a summary of the new features of Easy Video Player 2.0:
- The Easy Video Player 2 interface has been radically overhauled since EVP 1.0
- Multiple file uploading has been enabled, which is a huge time saver.
- Full iPhone and iPad Support. Your videos will now play on these devices. (I’m not sure about other mobile platforms)
- Clickable events that work during video overlays. You can put them wherever you want in the video; eg., an opt-in box that’s attached to the video rather than the web page, meaning that when people embed your video on their site, your opt-in box follow!
- Elements can come up while viewers are watching the video
- More in-depth analytics: track referrals, when people stop watching, what they clicked on, and much more.
- You can now split test videos; give Easy Video Player two different videos and it will automatically split test them and track the stats for you.
- Affiliate Branding buttons. Your affiliates can rebrand your links and use the video with their links in it.
- Full Social Sharing. Track it, see where it is shared on a wide variety of different sites. eg Facebook, Digg, Twitter and more.
- Video Pages with comments and sharing so page can be shared, commented on etc. Making the ability to tap into the power of social media.
I’m trying to figure out how to leverage it to work well with RAP; I’m thinking it can be used as the sales page, but it’s not clear what all is needed yet. I’ll post an update when I’ve figured out some cool ways to use it.
Easy Video Player 2.0 has a Commercial License option available!
One thing to note is that there’s an OTO where you can purchase a “commercial” license of Easy Video Player 2 that lets you hide the brand and watermark, and use it to build and host pages with videos for your clients. Without this, you’d have to purchase a license for every client.
This may not be terribly relevant for RAP sites, but it can be really beneficial for anybody working with offline clients.
Take a look at the promo for Easy Video Player 2.0 and grab a copy to play with. There’s a generous refund period, but they say their refund rates are under 2%, so it’s hard to see where you can go wrong.
Check out Easy Video Player 2 and post a comment with your thoughts. Click the image below to learn more!
Easy Video Player rocks!